Le Deal du moment : -28%
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 ...
Voir le deal
279.99 €

Chasing visions of our futures ft. Zelda M. Blake

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Invité

Unicorns and wizard sleeves, hammer pants and make believe, pirate ships sailing off to sea. Will you come party with me in my castle?
Zelda & Skye

I woke up that day with a scream in my throat, crawling under my skin, scratching, tearing to get out.  Sweat in my eyes, hair’s wet on my back. The nightmare still in my head, still running fast forward. I was eighteen again, the blood of this man dripping on my head while I was stuck underneath, force to kill, trying to survive, trying to do the only thing I was able to do. Oh. I won’t lie, I was good. Good for the dirtiest job, to get rid of people that was at the bad place at the bad time. To get rid of them like they never lived on this planet, like they never existed. However, stuck underneath, he was to fat, he fell on me and I was stuck there, had to made him roll. And this blood. Red, dark. Danger. Assassin. Monster. It was all I could think of.  

As I open my eyes from the past, I force myself to get up, it won’t do you any good to lay in there. So, I put my feet on the cold floor, get my body off the bed and to head to the bathroom. A glance at the window, the day meeting the night, a golden glow tainting the room.

The icy cold water dripping on my body, I close my eyes. Remember that day, remember the good days. And I remember the mountain sounds, the rain on my face, the silence of the forest, the stars flying in the night. Do something fun, makes friends, tells me my mind. This guy invited you to his birthday party, it tells me. You’ll have fun, I promise, it declares.

So, I’ll go. I’ll stay a bit and if it’s rubbish, I’ll leave.

And I’m like set in stone, looking at the entrance of the pub. It shouldn’t be so hard to go to a birthday party. It shouldn’t be so hard to be able to get past the fact that I never been to a party before, less alone a birthday party. What should I bring? How should I act? Why couldn’t it be simple? I am a joke. I could kill a man while sleeping, but, eh, a party was scaring the shit out of me. On that thought, my hand takes the handle and slowly my foot takes a first step, enter the bar, enter the hell hole that’s waiting for me. A familiar face appear in front of me, a smile in his face, slight confusion in his eyes.

‘Oi mate! I’m glad you could come! Come with me, the group is over there.’

I get it, he didn’t thought I would be there, he suggest the party thinking I wouldn’t come and end up as much surprise as I am. The group in question is large, it takes up much of the space in the pub and by pointing out an area, he embrace much of the bar. It’s okay, it won’t be as bad as you think it will. It will be fun. With this mantra in my head, I head to the bar. Maybe alcohol would makes things easier.

‘Beer please, the strongest kind and the biggest glass you got.’

As much as I want to, I still don’t know how to interact with people.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité

Zelda Blake & Skye Kinkaid

“chasing visions of our futures.”

I was almost ready. Almost. Just another 10 min so my hair would be absolutely on point. Were they really ? I couldn't remember the last time I was so dressed up. I mean, I used to be invited quite often to parties and birthday but it was few weeks ago. And it was a bloody long time ! I was quite glad to find out that the world had not totally forgotten me. Logan, a good friend of mine, was throwing a party for his 25th birthday and I was one of the guest.
Putting another pins in my half-up half-down hairdo, I decided that it was time to go. Time was at the essence. I would have wanted to ask Sonny and Edward, my roommates and friends, if my outfit was good but I couldn't find any of them. Boys… You can never find them when you need them. Smiling despite my frustration, I grabbed my purse and got out of the house. The present was already in the trunk of the car, ready to be open. Getting myself behind the wheels, I managed to get the GPS working. I seriously had no idea where this party was going to be. I was used to gallery opening and fashions show afterparties. Mmh, a bar! That sounded fun! Really fun like… Drunk people everywhere fun ! Pushing the start button on the GPS screen, I turned on the engines. A radio station that I usually didn’t listen started yelling lyrics of a song… Rolling my eyes, I changed the station right away. This was the proof that one of my friend had use my car few days ago without my permission ! I would need to tell them few words about that when I’ll get back!
The road was surprisingly short. I was trying to parallel park without destroying my precious car but I could already hear the music from the bar. Switching off the motor, I grabbed my purse, the present and a plastic bag with birthday stuff before getting out. Readjusting my dress, I headed right toward the door that was already open. Looking around me, I didn’t recognize any face. I spotted Logan in the back talking with another guy. Smiling, I reached out for him. « Hey big boy, happy birthday ! » I said, almost jigging. I put my arms around him before handing his present to him. « Hey girl! Put it over there with the others, please ! » « Sure, because I’m like any other present, right ? Just kidding! Oh! I also have what you asked for. Do you want me to put it over there also? » Logan peeked at the content of the plastic bag before smiling at me! « No, not that! Gimme one! » Laughing, I grabbed one of the birthday cap I brought before putting it on his head ! « Here, now you go have fun! »
Making my way to the pile of present I put mine down with the other. Seizing the rest of the birthday caps I had, I started giving them at random guests in the room. I then headed to the bar. « Hey ! I’ll have… mmh… a gin tonic please. Thank you! ». Turning my head on the right, I saw a girl who was about the same age as me. « Hello ! Here, take this. » I handed her one of the cap I still had in my hands. « I don’t think I am gonna have enough of these for everybody so you should really take it. » Winking at her with a smile, I took a sip of the drink the barman had just put in front of me.
Invité

Unicorns and wizard sleeves, hammer pants and make believe, pirate ships sailing off to sea. Will you come party with me in my castle?
Zelda & Skye

Alcohol might be the answer to everything. I never thought I’d understand why alcoholic were dependant, but then, looking at myself through the glass, looking at my fear, it suddenly start to make sense. Not that I will never be one myself, I would never allowed myself to such a dependence to something, someone. To put my life on the hand of something I do not control. And as dumb as it sound, being drunk doesn’t allow me to be in control of my every move. But, for today, I decide it was okay to get a little drunk, a little tipsy, so the world around me might be easier to evolve around. Looking at the girl entering the bar with a gift in her hand, a smile on her face, she wish boy an happy birthday, putting the gift on a table full of other gift. I didn’t wish anything to anyone, didn’t bring any gift, and didn’t know how to act in such a party. No wonders, people think I am weird. Well, this proving my point, I return to my beer, taking a long sip. A rich spicy autumnal taste fill my mouth, closing my eyes, savoring the bitter flavor of the beer in front of me, twisting the liquid on my tongue, I got away for a minute. And suddenly, this cap in my hands, one with full of balloons and with those super colorful drawing, and I look at the girl, not quite sure about what’s going on, what should I do with it. I browse around, people hanging around with those caps on the head, looking ridiculously stupid. My eyes go back to the girl next to me, drinking white liquor. She gave me this hat. And it might be laughable, but it was the first thing ever someone would give me.

You should make a socialization effort, tells me my mind. It’s not that complicated to put that freaking hat on your head. Just do it. You’ll see, you’ll fit right in. With a determinate look in my eyes, empting my glass in one gulp, then, my hands taking the cap and installing it on my hair, sliding the elastic under my chin. I glance at myself on my glass; a goofy looking girl with this weird triangle hat on the head is holding my regard. It’s weird. Looking back on my left. I see the girl is still watching me.

‘I look stupid aren’t I ?’

It’s not like I care about looking goofy, it’s not like I know anyone, but I feel like I should do something, say something. However, I never develop the small talk skill. I never had to talk to anyone, really, before, to make the conversation. Pointing the hat on my head.

‘Thanks. How do I call you?’

I don’t know if I should thank her, I am not quite sure when we are suppose to thank people, but I guess that when someone gives you something, even a goofy looking hat, you should thank them. And I wouldn't want this girl to go away, not when she was the first person to give me something. I take a sip at the new beer that the barman poor for me, trying to smile to her, but ending up with a not so sure smile kind of thing.

Invité

The girl in front of me hesitated for a certain time before grabbing the birthday cap that I was giving her. She looked at it with a slow eyes, examining every details. Frowning, I was wondering what was wrong with this hat. Was it broken ? Was it teared up ? Looking at it from my place, it seemed fine. I couldn’t help but make her funny observation “I promise, it is not a bomb and it’s not going to bite you in the face”.
Downing a bit of my drink, I turned my back to the bar to observe the people in the room. There were some cute guy in the corner over there. I noticed two girls who were really pretty even though they weren’t as dressed up as I was. I wondered if they would reject me if I came up to her. Beside Logan, the man of the party, I didn’t know anyone. It could either mean “do whatever the heck you want because you’ll never see them again anyway” or “be a good girl and make some friends”. I was drink in the hand, ready to say hello to few people when I heard the girl next to me ask : “I look stupid, aren’t I?”. She had finally put the birthday cap on her head. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing for few second. It was not a mocking laugh it was just a surprised and happy laugh “A little bit yes”. I didn’t wanted to make her uncomfortable or be seen as the cold bitch I could be sometimes. It was a birthday party and I was feeling excited so I made sure she wasn’t take my comment to personally “But look, the majority of the people here look as silly as you because they have this hat on their head. But can you do? It’s a birthday party, it’s what people do at birthday parties!”. I smiled, happy that people were getting into the mood of tonight’s celebration. Putting one also on my head, I turned to the girl “See, I have one too now!”. If everybody was wearing it, accepting it, nobody would have the impression to look stupid, that was my belief, my point! I was waiting for the girl to say something but there was an awkward short silence.
Being a bit talkative, I was ready to say something else but she finally said something. Pointing her hat, she started by thanking me. “How do I call you?” I jump with big eyes. “Oh yeah! I forgot to introduce myself! I’m Zelda and you are.. ?” She smiled. I sat on the chair behind me, still looking at the room. “I bet you came to Logan’s birthday party because you knew that it would mean something to him but in fact, you’re really bored because you don’t know anybody here. Am I right?”.
Invité

Zelda & Skye

I almost spited out my beer when she tried to convince me that the hat wasn’t dangerous, that it wasn’t a bomb and that it won’t bite me. Well, since it’s a hat, I would have been surprised that it could bite, firstly. But, I guess in another world, I would have burst out in laughter. She is talkative; maybe she would do the conversation for two? I doubt it though; she looked like she would want to be somewhere else, surely not with me. She said that everyone looked silly anyway, and that’s what people did at birthday parties. How I am supposed to know that? Taking another sip of my beer, a thought slip my mind that maybe I shouldn’t drink that much, being drunk was a weird experience and I tend to be different, really different, when the alcohol was pumping in my veins. “Oh yeah! I forgot to introduce myself! I’m Zelda and you are…?’’ and without me having the time to answer, she had “I bet you came to Logan’s birthday party because you knew that it would mean something to him but in fact, you’re really bored because you don’t know anybody here. Am I right?” Looking at her, my head a little tilt on my shoulder.

‘‘My name’s Skye.’’

I take my time to answer the other question since I am not quite sure myself of why I am here. A twist of faith, a change of heart. I didn’t even remember the name of the birthday boy before she told me, so it was not because I wanted to please him, I couldn’t care less. Maybe be a have no heart, maybe I just don’t care.

‘‘I never been to a birthday party before, I thought that maybe I could be friendly, but then I have to agree with you that I do not know anyone here. Is it your case?”

Getting up, I lean my back on the bar, looking at the people in the building. Everyone seemed to had fun, laughing, smiling, someone had a joyful scream, Logan being push from one person to another. I smile. Because it was so different from what I knew, people that never looked behind their back, people that didn’t know what pure fear, dolorous pain. They were happy. And I was envious, so envious. And that envy, it burn me inside, putting on fire everything on its passage, because I wanted to be like them, to laugh, smile and never looking back, never being afraid, just live. I wasn’t living, I was surviving, and I was so tired of surviving, but how could I ever be so joyful, like nothing on this planet was wrong? I remember my neighbor, right next to me, and without even looking at her, I realize she could be one of them. How could I be so foolish to think that someone could waste their time with me when they could dace and laugh and being young and crazy. But, she gave me that hat. It maybe didn’t mean anything to her, it just being a cardboard hat, but it meant something to me. So, I force myself to make some small talks.

“ How do you know Logan?”

I look at him in the crowd, laughing with a man that I don’t recognize.

‘‘Personally, as of two days ago, when he invited me to this party, I didn’t even knew who he was. ’’

As weird as it sound, he invited me like he knew I needed something to hang on to my humanity.
Invité

My smile was probably contagious but I wouldn’t know exactly how. Few people were looking in our direction, probably suspecting us to bet on some guests. The alcohol I had in my system was starting to make me more easily distracted. “My name’s Skye.” I opened my eyes widly while still sipping a bit of my drink. “Seriously ? That is so cool!” I was really impressed by a name like that! After all, my name here was forever and ever Zelda. But it was the name I had chosen, it was who I had become and it was the promise that I had made to myself : to be Zelda. But in the darkest depth of my soul, I could never forget what my real name was. Even though I would never use it here, I reminded myself everyday what the sound of it was because I was not okay with forgetting it. I turned my head to Skye when she finally asked me ‘‘I have never been to a birthday party before, I thought that maybe I could be friendly, but then I have to agree with you that I do not know anyone here. Is it your case?”

This time, I choked on my drink. That was truly unexpected. She looked perfectly fine and normal. She must have been kidding. Laughing for a bit, the sound getting out of my mouth was probably sounding a bit fake. I stopped when I realized than it wasn’t a joke. “Wait, really ? What is wrong with you, birthday parties are the best!” To that, I held my hand high showing my glass and then drinking the rest of it all in once. I rested the glass on the counter with a loud noise. I asked for another drink, something with vodka, before turning myself to face the room. Skye was in the same position, probably observing and discovering what a party was like. “Okay, girl, so what’s your deal? I mean, really? Not one little party? I can’t buy that… I mean you look good, you have great hair, great eyes… Can do better with the clothes but let’s say that you just wanted to be comfortable for one night and...”

Suddenly, I saw something in her eyes that was not in any other pair of eyes. I stopped. Was it grief? Was it sadness? Indifference, maybe? Suddenly, my inner self started panicking. What was I supposed to do? I was not the kind of girl who had the right words to cheer someone up. I mean, yeah, but it often turned not really nicely. Turning myself in a quick movement so I could grab my drink and think, I tried to figure something out. I had the impression to have seen something that I should not have seen. “ How do you know Logan?” I made a small jump and laugh at myself for being surprise. “Oh, I started facing her, him and I goes way back. If I remember well, he was looking for a place to expose his photos. I helped him renting a place for his little exhibition. I have few contacts so it was easy.” ‘‘Personally, as of two days ago, when he invited me to this party, I didn’t even knew who he was. ’’. I nodded, turning one of my rings nervously. I was trying to show her that I was founding that utterly normal and cool. But in fact it wasn’t. I was trembling inside, wondering how I could help.

Smiling peacefully, I was looking for something to say. “Oh! He has always been a darling! He likes to have people around and he really wants to make everybody happy”. I threw a last smile at her before my mind finally imploded. Jumping in front of her, I took off my hat on my head and crossed my arms on my chest. “Look, I know I don’t know you and I know that it is probably none of my business but… what is your problem ? I mean, you are the saddest person in the room, it must be for a reason, right? Just tell me that at the end of the evening, you won’t jump in front of a bus or shoot yourself, please. That would ruin my night… and… and probably yours for that matter.” Taking my breath, I realized that I had once again said too much. I had left my mouth and my brain take over and that was not good. If she started to fight or yell, I could still blame the vodka…
Invité

Zelda & Skye

How can my name can be cool? It is a name. Simple. Short. My mother wanted it. My father kept his promise, even if he didn’t want it too because he taught I wasn’t worthy of a name of love when I kill the love of his life. It came from the Isle of Skye in Scotland, where they met. Not that I care, my father was an a hole and I never even met my mother. But I liked the name, for others reasons that didn’t have anything to do with my parents. Because of a boy that became I man, because of him believing in me, because of my name putting a smile on his face every damn time he said it. He came from there, the Isle of Skye. Quite the irony, no?

The sound of her choking on the drink brought me back from my past. What’s wrong with me lately? Making people chokes and everything. Remembering thing that are supposed to stay buried if I want stay sane, not that I am anyways. But what did I said wrong? ‘‘Wait, really? What is wrong with you, birthday parties are the best?’’ Well, you know between training to kill people and being tortured, birthday parties were a bit out of my league. But I won’t say that, she might get afraid. She already his anyways, but I won’t make her more afraid. A good plan to make her leave as fast as she can, far, really far away from the psycho that I am.

“Look, I know I don’t know you and I know that it is probably none of my business but… what is your problem ? I mean, you are the saddest person in the room, it must be for a reason, right? Just tell me that at the end of the evening, you won’t jump in front of a bus or shoot yourself, please. That would ruin my night… and… and probably yours for that matter.” Jumping in front of a bus? Shooting myself? What’s wrong with her, why would I even consider killing myself? Those were for the weak and the vulnerable, the fragile and powerless. Looking at her, puzzled in my eyes, head tilt on my shoulder, why would she think that? Did I look depressed? I will sucked it up and lived as much as I would be able to. I won’t kill myself, but others would be glad to do it for me anyways. However, I had that urge to live, not surviving, but to keep on trying to live a normal life. I might never be able to, but at least I would be able to forge a somewhat acceptable poker face.

‘‘I would be more susceptible to go rogue and kill everyone, but no, people that kill themselves are particularly weak and I am not. Not that I will kill anyone. At least, I didn’t recently.’’

I shouldn’t have said that. I definitely shouldn’t have said that. Blame it on the beers. Just blame it on the alcohol. Sometimes I wonders, telling me that there’s moment when you have the chance to do the right thing, but I just look at them and wave as they passed by. I am not good at doing this right thingy thing. I always screwed up, so why not do it nicely this time? Finishing the glass in my hand, my eyes wandering on the place, looking for an escape and seeing the untouched pool table at the back of the bar, I pointed it, a smile on my face.

‘‘Sorry, to much to drink, wanna play some pool?’’

At least, that I can do. I got pretty good when I was in the army, not amazing, but good. Ordering a new drink, I take a sip. I prefer rum, rum’s good. If she thinks I am depressed, I will show her that I not. The alcohol help to do things that you wouldn’t do sober, but since I am already a bit drunk, why not take the bull by the horn and ride a hell of night. Not as much a hell of a night compare to normal people, but that would do for me.

‘‘Want to make my first birthday party memorable?’’

And so I order two shooters, one for each. Clinging the glass on the counter, drinking it, putting it down. If I have to get drunk, do it big.
Invité

My arms are still crossed over my chest but I feel my legs swaying. I don’t feel embarrassed for having said what I had in mind. I am used to that. Always saying what I think. Sometimes, even though those times are rare, I find myself feeling bad for that but not tonight. Tonight I will not show that girl that I cared about her problems. Even though, I did. ‘‘I would be more susceptible to go rogue and kill everyone, but no, people that kill themselves are particularly weak and I am not. Not that I will kill anyone. At least, I didn’t recently.’’ Okay, this time, my glass almost slipped out from my hand. The little me inside my brain was screaming and shouting, stomping her feet to let a weird rage out. What kind of answer was that? What was she trying to prove? That she was mysterious and dangerous? Well bingo, she got that. I was ready to get out there and go home. Not because she was scaring me but because she was out of tune. She was not like the other around me. I was considered as crazy by most of my friends. But a sane and healthy craziness.

She was the bad kind of craziness. Definitely. She was the one who had become crazy. And now, she was looking a bit agar, as if she was trying to look for something else to say, to cover and hide the words that had come out. She is finishing her drink very quickly. “Sorry, too much to drink.” I nodded, as if I confirmed that her reason was covering for every single word. That was not how my brain worked. I had an excellent memory and I was not dumb. “Wanna play some pool?’’

I follow her stare. The pool table was totally empty. I guess people were more interested in talking to each other than playing and having fun around a table! Or maybe they were too scared because they knew that a game of pool would eventually turn all the looks on themselves. A game is a show, not a private party. “Sure! I hope you know how to play ‘cause I don’t do second chances”. I smiled, having a bit of my drink. I put down the birthday cap that I still had on my head, tired of this elastic itching my chin.

‘‘Want to make my first birthday party memorable?’’ She then ordered two shooters. Looking at her, I don’t make her repeat herself and grab the glass. Synchronizing ourselves, we drink it all quickly before slamming the glass on the counter. I choke once before saying “Oh! That is fantastic! I say, the one who loses the game have to pay for another round of shots!” Going to the pool table, I grab a cue, I begin to place the balls on the table. “Grab your weapon, soldier!” Not realizing what I just said, I turn myself in front of the table and add “You’re the one who had the idea to play, I’ll let you start!”

Invité

Zelda & Skye

I shouldn’t have said that, I really shouldn’t have said that. I fucked up. I always fuck things up anyway. But I scared her, I know, I saw it in her look, in the way she looked at me, like I’m crazy, bad crazy. She’s kinda right, though. The darkness inside of me, looking at me through the looking glass, it made me who I am, it built me from the inside, from the darkness of his mind. I was that person that people looked differently, not yet crazy, but on the line, not knowing what would be the next level, the next step. I scared her, I knew I did because I scared myself. ‘’Sure! I hope you know hot to play ‘cause I don’t do second chances’’. I look at her, not knowing if it was a treat or a promise. But I went along, I could hold myself in a game of pool anyway. So I didn’t said anything, why would I? ‘’Oh! That is fantastic! I say, the one who loses the game have to pay for another round of shots!’’ And I smiled, my face going from ice to sun in a manner of seconds. Was it just a facade though? I didn’t even knew myself. But, inside of me, a simili happiness was creating itself. Like trying to be a normal person actually help me. I didn’t knew better anyway.

‘’So you will?’’

And went out of my mouth, like that, and for a moment, I stop and look at myself in the mirror reflecting a weird version of me. The me that had a birthday cap on top of her head, the me that said things like that, the me that knew how to smile. It was a weird version of me, and I didn’t know if I liked it because it was new, it was a version of me that I wasn’t used to, and the new things never comes easy. ‘’Grab your weapon soldier!’’ And I looked at her, my eyes opening widely, my mind running like hell. Did she knew, did I said anything? I could sense the shake of my hand, because I was sure I didn’t said anything. I could but my head on that. If she knew, that means others could knew, meaning they could find me. Woooh. Stop it. It didn’t meant anything, right? ‘’You’re the one who had the idea to play. I’ll let you start!’’ No. She didn’t meant anything. So I went on, grabbing a stick from the wall, rubbing it, preparing myself for the combat, sipping from the beer still on my hand.

‘’Hope you’re ready to get smash.’’

That look on my face must have been priceless. I didn’t even knew I knew those words. But I shake my head, looking away from the other version of me. Tonight, I’ll party and I’ll have fun like I never did before, because I never did. The first ball went right inside the hole made for her. The second missed, kicked one of her’s inside. Well. That went well as I smirk. I just completely destroyed every single bits of verity in what I just said. I might should have practice a bit, I was kinda rusty, visibly. Smiling, I finish my glass. I might be drunk before the end of the game.

Contenu sponsorisé

Chasing visions of our futures ft. Zelda M. Blake
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1